eSchool Step 2:
Create your killer offer
What are you working on?
Before you get started, identify what project you are working on in this eSchool.
Use the My Big Idea one-sheet to get your thoughts down now, before you start.
What you write here is a starting point and will change as you progress. It will be useful to have this to reflect back on and change as you go through this process.
- Start here by filling in the My Big Idea one-sheet before moving on.
Your summary ‘workbook’ for this section
Your Killer Offer is the product or service that your target market finds most compelling. Get this right and you are well on the way to getting paid to play!
We’ve created the Killer Offer Summary Sheets to help you work through these key topics and summarise it all onto a single page. Here’s how to start using them:
- Download the summarysheets here:
KillerOfferSummarySheets.docx | KillerOfferWorksheets.doc (older format)
- Watch this video introduction to the worksheets: Killer Offer Summarysheets Introduction Video
- Start filling in the sheets, referring to the relevant key topic below for each worksheet for more detail on how to complete it. You are using the summary sheets as a way of recording your outcomes as you go through each of these Key Topics in Step 2.
- As soon as that is done, post it to the community so we can give you feedback and help you move forward from there.
KEY TOPIC 1: Choose your niche
- Why it’s important to consider your niche right now. “Why Niche?” Video (password: playtime)
- The basics of choosing a niche: start with the Niche Choice Starter Pack
- PLAY IT OUT: How to use blog or social media to hone your niche and interest area: Video (password: playtime)
KEY TOPIC 2: Find a problem to solve
- Before filling in this section of the Worksheets, listen to this audio introduction. How to Sell to the Problem: Why solving problems is your #1 key to getting paid to play and how to do it right
- How to find the problems you solve (or will solve) [MSWord Doc] – a 3 section worksheet to find out what your market is craving to buy from you
- Getting into your customers’ heads
- Defining the trigger point that your niche most wants solved
- Empathy Pitch: how to create one and checklist
- How to go from ‘this is nice’ to ‘here’s my credit card’ – examples of how speaking to the problem takes you ahead of the competition in ‘makeover your offer’
- The magic email for 2 minute market research
- PLAY IT OUT: Test the problem to check your target market identifies with it
KEY TOPIC 3: Define your killer offer results
- People pay for results – what can you promise? Describe the improved situation your client/buyer is in after they have got these results.
- PLAY IT OUT: Write your client ‘makeover story’ from before to after – either actual or made up
KEY TOPIC 4: How will you deliver your results
- All the different ways of delivering what you do
KEY TOPIC 5: Productise your offer for easy sale
- How to know exactly what to charge for your product – and how to charge more
- Complete your first one page product sheet: Client, problem, results, delivery method, product name, price
- Product funnel – why you need it and how to start creating one now.
- ADVANCED TOPIC (for people who have already run several projects on this topic and got a playcheque, here is ‘Honing Your Niche And Service to Make This Bigger – Round 2’)
KEY TOPIC 6: Test-launch your killer offer
- How to know whether to test-run offering your product for free to a very limited audience or charge for it from the start
- Now you have your killer offer IT’S TIME TO TAKE ACTION AND PLAY IT OUT BEFORE MOVING ON: