eSchool Step 3:
Get it out there, get noticed, and attract the business
KEY TOPIC 1:
ATTRACTING YOUR TRIBE (MARKETING 2.0)
In this topic you will learn the essential points of how to attract people to what you have to offer. Central to this is learning how to create your ‘tribe’, speaking your people’s language, and maintaining a relationship with your people.
By doing this upfront, you are setting yourself up in the right way from the off. It is the opposite of blindly pushing your product or service out there and is a more sustainable (and more free-range!) approach to getting noticed. By doing it this way you are developing a base to build on for the future as well as being able to more effectively communicate your message to the right people right now.
- The new marketing and how to do it
- How to create a tribe
- How to speak your tribe’s language
- How to write must-read emails, web copy and articles just by changing your language
- Creating a communications schedule for keeping in touch with your tribe (blogging, email, twitter etc)
KEY TOPIC 2:
HOW TO ESTABLISH YOURSELF AS AN EXPERT IN 3 MONTHS
In this topic you will learn how to overcome the barrier of being new to a field. You will learn three things: how to build up your knowledge of the field starting now, how to connect with peers already in this field, and how to create ‘expert status’ quickly by authentically building on what you have to offer.
To be seen as an expert in your field you have to believe it yourself. Odds are that you either don’t believe it right now or have not communicated your status and personality well enough to your peers or your people. Addressing these three key points that hold back newbies (and often even established but less confident people), will give you a real advantage: both personally (your confidence about what you are doing will grow) and professionally (people will see you and your offer in the way you deserve to be seen, and will be even more keen to work with you).
If you read the above and thought ‘but I don’t have anything to offer right now’ then you REALLY need to get started on this key topic because you have more to offer than you think! People often spend years feeling like outsiders or having the ‘imposter syndrome’ put a cloud over their (actually excellent) work. We’re going to zap that upfront by getting you on the way to being genuinely integrated as a key player in your field faster than most, and communicating your expert status out there – starting with what you have right now!
- Introduction: building your expertise, appearing as an expert
- Building your knowledge
- How to build your knowledge: your info diet (RSS, twitter etc for new thinking to read weekly)
- Connect with peers
- Moving from follower to peer/outsider to insider.
- How to use your personality and fun side to get known on Twitter
- Being seen as an expert
- Become a recognised expert in 3 months
- Creating status (philosophy, the mindset that permeates everything)
- 3 Ways to reassure people you’re expert enough to buy from, when first starting out
- Writing your about page or bio
KEY TOPIC 3:
HOW TO BUILD A POOL OF POTENTIAL CLIENTS EAGER TO BUY YOUR NEXT OFFER
In this topic you will learn the specifics of how to build up an actual list of people who want to hear what you have to say. We will cover how to build a list online or offline, what you need to do to attract more people to your list, and how to maintain a meaningful and mutually beneficial email relationship with that list over the short and long term (communicating without spamming!).
Having an engaged list of loyal prospective clients is one of the best ways of building and maintaining a successful business without a huge marketing budget. In fact, we suggest this no-cost approach is, in most cases, more effective than spending a huge marketing budget on advertising! Building up this base means that when you want to launch your next event, workshop, product, or special offer, you have people who already want to join in and buy from you. This topic shows you how to build that list.
- Offline list building (email signup sheet template)
- How to have a constant stream of interested, warm potential clients
- How to calculate your conversion rate (signups/daily web visitors)
- How to build an email list (encourage signups)
- How to love your list (building rapport and loyalty based on genuine care)
- MAKEOVER TIME: Pimp my newsletter