While writing Screw Work, Let's Play, I was interviewed by Dave Monk on BBC Radio Essex about how to find work you love, even in a recession. Dave challenged me with some tough questions.
Have a listen to hear my answers to questions like:
- Should you just fire off your CV to all the jobs you can find?
- Isn't it just living in a dreamland to think you can get paid for doing what you love in the current economy?
- Why does someone who is very well qualified and very creative about finding work still find themselves unable to get a job?
- Aren't some things you would love to do simply impossible - like wanting to become a rock star when you're in your fifties?
- Surely if you have a mortgage and a family to feed, you might just have to take anything?
- What's the alternative to job ads and recruitment consultants who don't seem to be very helpful if you want to find a new line of work?
- Isn't it a fact of life that some jobs are boring but pay well?
Dave makes it a fun interview. Have a listen now - just click the play button below
Let me know what you think.